Careers Data Policy
motto merchant services Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal data collected from you or that you provide us. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after the personal data which you provide to us, or that we obtain when you are a candidate applying for a role at motto merchant services Limited.
Where you apply for a job opening posted by us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal information in addition to our other Privacy Notice which is available on our website.
When you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from us in respect of the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
motto merchant services Limited (a company with company number 14276689) is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “motto merchant services Limited”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this recruitment privacy notice).
motto merchant services Limited acts as the Data Controller for “candidates” data.
“Candidate” is defined as staff who work for motto merchant services Limited or have applied to work at motto merchant services Limited.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our full contact details are as follows:
Address: motto merchant services Limited, 11 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4UY
Telephone Number: 0330 333 4994
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
The data we collect
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role at motto merchant services Limited. This includes information provided through an online job site (Indeed or LinkedIn), via email, in person at interviews, and/or by any other method.
- motto merchant services Limited processes personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number, date of birth, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, and skills and experience that you provide to motto merchant services Limited.
- motto merchant services Limited may keep any correspondence you have throughout the recruitment process.
- motto merchant services Limited will keep a record of your progress throughout the recruitment process.
We collect your data from different sources:
- We collect all of the types of data listed above directly from you when you interact with us;
- We collect Technical Data automatically when you interact with our website or email us or unsubscribe from our mailing list, by using cookies and other similar technologies.
- We may receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for our business more generally.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
motto merchant services Limited has a legitimate interest in your data when applying for a role, this being the recruitment of a member of staff to work at motto merchant services Limited.
When applying for a job opening through Indeed or LinkedIn, motto merchant services Limited relies on your consent, which is freely given by you during the application process, to give your personal data to Indeed or LinkedIn on the basis described below.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied and other roles within motto Pos Limited.
- To maintain communication with you in the recruitment process.
Disclosure of Your Information
When you have applied to a job opening through a service provider (LinkedIn or Indeed), motto Pos Limited may disclose data to
them, such as a unique number and your progress through the recruitment stages. The service provider shall be the data controller of this data and shall therefore be responsible for complying with all applicable laws in respect of the use of that data following its transfer by motto merchant services Limited.
How We Store Your Personal Data – Security
motto merchant services Limited has procedures in place to ensure that throughout the recruitment process candidates’ data is kept safe. motto merchant services Limited limits access to recruitment data of those who need to be involved in the process. Those who process the data will have had training and will treat the data as confidential.
motto merchant services Limited recognises that occasionally security can be breached. motto merchant services Limited has procedures in place if this is suspected. If this was to happen motto merchant services Limited will contact you.
As candidates apply for roles via the internet motto merchant services Limited cannot guarantee that this is completely secure.
Therefore, any transmission of information remains at your own risk.
Where we store your personal data
motto merchant services Limited stores your data on its own system, this is protected, motto merchant services Limited limits access to recruitment data of those who need to be involved in the process.
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold all the data for 6 months.
Your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- Up to 6 months after the role you applied for has been filled
- Receipt of a written request by you
4. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights are set out below. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our Data Privacy Manager.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Contact motto Pos Limited using Our Contact details.
- Let motto merchant services Limited have enough information to identify you, proof of your identity and address, and the information you request.
Complaint to the ICO
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Your legal rights
Your legal rights are as follows:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain information to you.